Heavy Duty Core Gripping Roll Handlers
Core gripping roll handlers use a long shaft that inserts into the core of your roll and expands to fit the inside circumference.
Heavy Duty Core Gripping roll handlers are used to lift, move, and reorient rolls that weigh 500 lbs. or more.
These pieces of equipment can be designed to perform a number of functions, with two main categories;
Roll handlers that are designed mainly to move a roll from one point to another without having to change the horizontal orientation of a roll. The shaft fits inside the core of the roll, can move the core up or down, forward or back, side to side.
Lift, turn, and rotate
Roll handlers that are designed to change the orientation of a roll. This can be to turn, rotate, and lift. The shaft fits inside the core of the roll and expands to grip the inside circumference. That way the roll can be turned from a horizontal to vertical orientation, rotated in tight spaces, or between different machinery, among many other practical uses.
Injury incident: Accident Report Detail
At 9:00 a.m. on November 10, 2018, an employee was using a hoist to lift a 12 inch wide roll of paper on a pallet and the hoist shaft came out of the roll. The employee fractured his ankle and leg when the roll tilted off the pallet and struck him. The employee also sustained soft tissue damage to his leg and ankle as well. The employee was hospitalized.
ERH 700 Roll Handler
The ERH-700 portable electric roll handling machine is used to lift and turn rolls by the core for palletizing, transporting and loading rolls. It features up to 700 pounds of lifting capacity and has powered lift and powered turning operations. This roll handling machine’s lightweight frame is easy to push & maneuver; in addition, it is rugged and low maintenance, which will help to ensure you get the most out of this roll handling machine.
- Drastic reduction in heavy/repetitive lifting
- Customized for your specific application, designed to work with your product(s)
- Reduction in workplace illness/injury claims, resulting in lower insurance costs
- Allows for diversity/adaptability on the job, more workers are now able to complete the task without physical limitations being an issue
- Our systems pay for themselves via productivity and efficiency increases
- Weight and capacity ranges are considered during the design process, our systems can handle multiple weights, textures and products without altering the system
- Designed to work in your specific facilities conditions, such as high heat, dust, humidity, moisture etc.
Request a Quote
See if we have already solved the
problem you are having by viewing
the latest projects delivered by